The strategic benefits of Emeriti’s Retirement Healthcare Savings Program
Increasingly, institutions are shifting to defined contribution approaches for retiree healthcare in much the same way they implemented defined contribution retirement plans years ago.
- Employers decide how much to contribute
- Costs are realized today, without future liabilities
- Defined benefit can be reduced or eliminated
MAXIMIZE BENEFIT VALUE
- Triple tax-free benefits
- Stretch benefits dollars by up to 33%1
- Possibly reduce risk associated with end-of-career medical and healthcare utilization costs
DRIVE WORKFORCE MANAGEMENT
- Support recruitment and retention efforts
- Help employees reach retirement with adequate retiree healthcare savings
- Reduce concerns over losing employer coverage
Creating a total benefits solution
Addressing retiree health is a critical part of overall retirement planning. You can offer a smart, flexible and easy solution for employees – while helping to ensure that you are addressing key fiscal concerns at your institution.
Retirement Healthcare Savings Program
- Triple tax-free savings for retiree health
- Convenient reimbursement for qualified medical expenses
- Optional group retiree health insurance, underwritten nationally by Aetna (HealthPartners in Minnesota)
Executive Healthcare Benefit
- Provide targeted benefits for key employees
- Provide transition funding to pay for healthcare insurance premiums in retirement
1Assumes a 25% combined federal plus state income tax.