When Can You Enroll In Emeriti Health Insurance?
You can enroll when you meet your institution’s retirement eligibility for the Emeriti Plan, and after enrolling in Medicare Parts A and B.
Who is eligible for Emeriti insurance?
- Your spouse (pre- or post-65)
- Same sex and opposite sex domestic partner (pre- or post-65), depending on your institution’s plan
- Dependent children (to age 26)
- Permanently disabled children (Determination of permanent disability also confers access to post-65 insurance for these individuals. Disability must occur before majority.)
What are your next steps?
- Contact Social Security 3 months prior to your retirement date to enroll in Medicare Parts A and B.
- Inform your benefits administrator about your retirement decision.
- Call the Emeriti Service Center at 1.866.EMERITI (1.866.363.7484) to receive your insurance enrollment kit in the mail.
- When you’re ready to enroll, call the Emeriti Service Center or enroll online at MyEmeritiBenefits.org.